Most Inspirational Secondary School - Official!
At an awards ceremony filled with glitz, glamour and significant competition from local and regional schools, Fazakerley High School was crowned Most Inspirational Secondary School.
The Educate Awards have been launched this year with the specific aim of celebrating the successes and recognising the achievements taking place within Liverpool, Sefton and Knowsley schools.
Entry to the awards was open to all schools and there were a wide variety of categories which recognised both the dedication and commitment of teaching staff within schools and showcased the valuable work and innovation within the region’s classrooms.
The school was commended for a whole host of reasons including:
- its academic success over the last three years
- its success with the school’s pastoral support programme; the ‘Personal Improvement Plan’
- its engineering success with one pupil winning EEF’s North West Young Engineer Award and two pupils securing apprenticeships with Scottish Power despite competition from thousands of people nationally
- the school’s outstanding night-school provision for adults helping to support and develop the local community
- a thriving and exciting programme of extra-curricular activities for pupils of all ages
- extremely successful provision for local primary schools available in all subject areas
- the way the House System has been embedded into everyday school life
- the broad range of residentials on offer throughout the year to all pupils
- the fact that the school became the first secondary school in Liverpool to achieve the Gold Award for the national School Games Kitemark
- the fact that the school became the first secondary school in Liverpool to achieve the Bronze award in the Food for Life Partnership scheme
- the fact that the school was the first school in Liverpool to achieve the CPD quality mark
- the fact that the school was one of the first in the North West to achieve the Investor in People Gold Award
- the success the school has had to date with regard to its Career Academies UK initiative offering a special support programme to sixth form pupils helping raise their aspirations and improve their employability skills through support from industry.
- the fact that 9 pupils raised £35,000 with the help of the whole school community and spent 4 weeks in African villages working with locals on a range of building projects as well as spending time supporting a local children’s orphanage.
Headteacher, Mrs Rourke commented “Fazakerley High School really is a thriving, exciting and nurturing environment that doesn’t just provide its pupils with an education. It offers special opportunities and experiences that helps them develop into responsible, aspirational young people who are ready and equipped for success in today’s world. We believe that inspiring our students is what education is all about.”